Now that Donald Trump has been elected president, the electorate is taking a closer look at his priorities. For HR professionals, his positions on issues affecting the workplace are of particular interest. In some cases, he is calling for less regulation; in other situations, he calls for more. And his proposals aren’t without some controversy.
Trump has promised to:
- Reform regulations and reduce taxes.
- Attack the trade deficit.
- Repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Support up to six weeks of paid maternity leave and encourage employers to provide child care at work.
- Push for nationwide E-Verify.
- Call for an increase in the prevailing wage for H-1B visas.
- Favor a small-business exemption from the overtime rule.